CMS introduced “The Gender Unicorn.” This little guy is the Charlotte school system’s new teacher’s assistant. He’s going to help our children explore and discover who they “go to bed as,” and who they like to “go to bed with.”
Are you kidding?!
He (or she, not really sure) looks cute and harmless – kind of like Barney with a horn. Check him/her/it/zee/zi/whatever out:
Yet this little thing is geared to grab the imagination of our children and indoctrinate –and even intimidate – them in participating in the sexual revolution. Even the confusing gender symbol is placed over its private area!
But it’s worse, because the purple unicorn was accompanied by an entire CMS Training presentation, where parent’s rights, teacher’s classroom gender references and even school activities have been completely redefined.
The NC Values Coalition highlighted just a few points:
1) Parental involvement dependent on student’s permission: “Involvement of parents in the plan is determined in working with the student, considering the student’s age and health, wellbeing and safety concerns” (Page 34).
2) Students can choose their bathrooms and changing facilities: “Students must have access to the restroom/changing facilities that correspond to their gender identity” (Page 42).
3) CMS will remove some gender-based activities: “CMS will evaluate all gender-based activities; maintain only those that have clear and sound pedagogical purpose” (Page 46).
4) Students can choose their gender-based activities (intramural sports, dress codes, classes, ceremonies, photos, extracurricular activities, etc.). This includes choosing which gender they participate with during overnight field trips: “Students are permitted to participate in gender-based activities consistent with their gender identity” (Page 46).
5) Students shall not be referred to as “boys and girls” in classrooms, but “scholars” or “students”: “Avoid gender specific classroom management techniques” (Page 46).
Abraham Lincoln once said, “The philosophy of the classroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.”
We can’t imagine what our nation will look like in 40 years – or 10 years, for that matter – if good, moral people don’t stand up and act now.
In the movie, “Captain America: Civil War,” Spider Man said something that decent, values loving Americans should listen to today. When Iron Man asked him why he takes the risk and fights against evil, Spidey replied, “When you can do the things I can do, but you don’t, then when bad things happen, they happen because of you.”
It’s time pro-morality Americans, whether Christian or not, seek the common good of our nation and start speaking out against nonsense like what CMS is trying to push on our children. We also need Christians to shed the “we shouldn’t be political” cover and start running for local and state elections – especially school boards – to protect our children and the common-sense decency that allows civil society to flourish.
What the heck are we waiting for?!
A Bible verse we read just after CMS unanimously passed the new guidelines was Romans 1:22-23. Interestingly, we see the same godless cultural pattern today:
“… their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals …”
It’s important to remember we are all created in God’s image – male and female. Though some truly struggle with gender confusion, for which there is abundant help and healing in Christ, we cannot exchange the image of God for four-footed animals like “The Gender Unicorn.” It’s disturbing we’ve fallen this far as a society.
Credit to WND
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/schools-push-disturbing-gender-unicorn-on-your-kids/#hqKiyl3z79kmsmPQ.99