Tuesday, May 10, 2016
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their due reward from Me, saith the LORD.” Isaiah 54:17 (The Israel Bible™)
A senior Iranian official revealed on Monday that the country successfully tested a precision-guided, medium-range ballistic missile, that can easily reach Israel, two weeks ago, the country-run news agency Tasnim reported.
Brigadier General Ali Abdollahi told participants at a Tehran science conference, “We test-fired a missile with a range of 2,000 kilometers (1,240 miles) and a margin of error of eight meters.” This eight-meter margin means “full accuracy”, Abdollahi said.
The general went on to reveal that 10 percent of Iran’s defense budget, a substantial sum following the dropping of sanctions earlier this year as a result of the landmark nuclear deal, has been allocated to “research projects aimed at strengthening defense power.”
Iran’s capabilities could spell trouble for the regime’s enemies, a possibility that has aroused international concern. The United States as well as other Western countries have insisted that the Islamic Republic’s missiles threaten anyone in the Middle East who fall within the range of Iranian rockets.
Arguably, the country most at risk of coming under Iranian fire in the region is Israel. Iran’s tenacious animosity towards Israel often makes headlines worldwide. Making sensitive matters worse, Tehran’s clerical rulers continuously refuse to recognize the Jewish state.
Reassurances that the rocket was created purely for defense purposes notwithstanding, should the Iranian military ever decide to launch the missile, Israel would easily be within range.
This is not the first time Israel has been singled out by the regime as a prime target for destruction. In March, Iran test-fired two missiles which were adorned with Hebrew writing which read, “Israel should be wiped off the Earth.” An Iranian commander said the test was meant to demonstrate to Israel that it is within Iranian missile range and therefore the country should never falsely assume distance is its safety net. The launch triggered international fury; US, France, Britain and Germany condemned it as “destabilizing and provocative,” calling for United Nations intervention, The Times of Israel reported.
The ongoing developments of the Iranian ballistic missile program was not covered by the historic nuclear deal which was facilitated by the P5+1 world powers and signed by Iran in July 2015. For this reason, testing these missiles is not forbidden outright, giving Iran room to push limits. Regardless, US officials have said that such actions are “not consistent” with the United Nations Security Council resolution which required Iran to restrict all advances on their atomic facilities in exchange for the lifting of billions of dollars’ worth of sanctions.
“Iran is called upon not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology” until October 2023, the UN statement said.
Not altogether surprisingly, the UN’s official instructions have not stopped Iran from performing several ballistic missile tests since the deal was adopted this past October, revealing the accord’s limitations and highlighting Iran’s general disinterest in abiding by its stipulations. For example, just last month, American and Russian officials said Iran test-fired rockets in what some considered a “cover for intercontinental ballistic missile research,” the Times of Israel reported.
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has cautioned the UN of the dangers involved by lifting the sanctions. However, world powers have disregarded his warnings time and again, making it difficult for the Prime Minister to make any headway.
Credit to breakingisraelnews.com
Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/67323/iran-developed-missile-can-reach-israel/#XuVjEuqo9hthqkbk.99
"The US Threatened China's Sovereignty" - China Scrambles Fighter Jets After US Warship Sails Near Disputed Reef
Following the latest escalation in South China Sea territorial tensions, which culminated with China refusing to grant the Stennis aircarrier group access to the Hong Kong port, overnight the US decided to provoke some more Chinese anger when it sailed the guided missile destroyer the USS William P. Lawrence within 12 nautical miles of Chinese-occupied Fiery Cross Reef, according to U.S. Defense Department spokesman, Bill Urban said. This was the third warship the US has sent into contested waters in the South China Sea in less than seven months.
Chinese facilities on Fiery Cross Reef include a 3,000-metre (10,000-foot) runway which the United States worries China will use it to press its extensive territorial claims at the expense of weaker rivals.
The USS William P. Lawrence
Urban said that the so-called freedom of navigation operation was undertaken to "challenge excessive maritime claims" by China, Taiwan, and Vietnam which were seeking to restrict navigation rights in the South China Sea. What was not said is that the US once again decided to test the preparedness and eagernss of China to respond to what it perceives maritime territorial aggression.
In an emailed statement, Urban also said that "these excessive maritime claims are inconsistent with international law as reflected in the Law of the Sea Convention in that they purport to restrict the navigation rights that the United States and all states are entitled to exercise." As has been extensively documented, China and the United States have traded accusations of militarizing the South China Sea as China undertakes large-scale land reclamations and construction on disputed features while the United States has increased its patrols and exercises.
Chinese J-10 fighter jets
Since the entire purpose of this latest provocation was to observe China's response, it succeeded when China promptly scrambled two fighter jets in proximity to the U.S. navy ship, a patrol China denounced as an illegal threat to peace which only went to show its defense installations in the area were necessary. China's Defence Ministry said that in addition to the two fighter, an additional three warships shadowed the U.S. ship, telling it to leave.
The U.S. patrol "again proves that China's construction of defensive facilities on the relevant reefs in the Nansha Islands is completely reasonable and totally necessary", it said, using China's name for the Spratly Islands where much of its reclamation work is taking place.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said the U.S. ship illegally entered Chinese waters.
Additionally, China's foreign ministry expressed anger after a U.S. navy warship carried out a freedom of navigation operation near a disputed reef in the South China Seas. Ministry spokesman Lu Kang told a daily news briefing the ship illegally entered the waters without China's permission and that the move threatened peace and stability.
"This action by the U.S. side threatened China's sovereignty and security interests, endangered the staff and facilities on the reef, and damaged regional peace and stability," he told a daily news briefing.
This will not be the end of it. China claims most of the South China Sea, through which $5 trillion in ship-borne trade passes every year. The Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan and Brunei have overlapping claims.
As Reuters adds, the Pentagon last month called on China to reaffirm it has no plans to deploy military aircraft in the Spratly Islands after China used a military plane to evacuate sick workers from Fiery Cross. Ironically, the US makes sure China does just that with its recurring "freedom of navigation operations" in what China considers its own territory; the same way Russia reacts to US spy plans flying in close proximity to its borders.
"Fiery Cross is sensitive because it is presumed to be the future hub of Chinese military operations in the South China Sea, given its already extensive infrastructure, including its large and deep port and 3000-metre runway," said Ian Storey, a South China Sea expert at Singapore's ISEAS Yusof Ishak Institute.
"The timing is interesting, too. It is a show of U.S. determination ahead of President Obama's trip to Vietnam later this month."
The good news is that while China has reacted with anger to previous U.S. freedom of navigation operations - including the overflight of fighter planes near the disputed Scarborough Shoal last month, and when long-range U.S. bombers flew near Chinese facilities under construction on Cuarteron Reef in the Spratlys last November - so far responses have avoided more dramatic escalation.
Adding to the potential volatility of the situation, Rodrigo Duterte who looks set to become president of the Philippines after an election on Monday, has proposed multilateral talks on the South China Sea. A Chinese diplomat warned last week that criticism of China over the South China Sea "would rebound like a coiled spring."
The Chinese navy over the past week carried out combat drills in the South China Sea, led by the Hefei, one of the country’s most advanced missile destroyers, according to official Xinhua News Agency. Five other vessels participated, along with three helicopters and dozens of “special warfare” soldiers.
Credit to Zero Hedge
British Prime Minister David Cameron is warning of World War III if citizens of his country vote to exit the EU.
He said the UK has regretted “turning its back” on Europe in the past, as reported by BBC.
“Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking? I would never be so rash to make that assumption… What happens in our neighborhood matters to Britain That was true in 1914, 1940, 1989…. and it is true in 2016,” Cameron said.
He also said that Britain being involved in the European Union helped bring together countries.
Former London mayor Boris Johnson believes the Brexit is gaining in popularity due to its “anti-democratic tendencies”.
He inferred the Ukraine crisis was the result of bad EU policy.
The referendum will be held June 23.
Now, other Europeans want to follow suit. A new survey shows 45 percent of people in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain and Sweden want to vote too. The poll was conducted by Ipsos-MORI.
About 48 percent of Italians, 41 percent of the French and 39 percent of Swedish citizens said they would say yes to leaving.
The survey also showed 48 percent believe if Britain exits the EU, other nations will follow. One in ten believes the body will cease to exist by 2020.
Read more at http://www.trunews.com/cameron-warns-of-world-war-iii-if-britain-votes-to-leave-eu/#pE09RIekdiheTLpS.99
If you praise satan he will listen..... do not complain later!!
Britain’s largest Islamic charity says it wants to “break down barriers” and portray Islam positively by launching a new advertising campaign which will slap the phrase “glory to Allah” on the side of London buses.
The new campaign by Islamic Relief is, ostensibly, targeted at raising donations for their Ramadan aid to Syria, but is attracting attention for the “hundreds” of buses which will be decorated with the phrase “Subhan’Allah”, or ‘Glory to Allah’.
Muslims reading the advert are told that to “gather the rewards of Ramadan”, they must to donate to Islamic Relief, an organisation which had its accounts with banking giant HSBC closed after “concerns that cash for aid could end up with terrorist groups abroad”.
Public transport has been chosen for the Islamic re-branding in London, Manchester, Leicester, Birmingham, and Bradford – all UK locations with high and growing Muslim populations, reports the Sunday Times.
That the announcement of the new campaign came the day after London crowned its first Muslim leader, Mayor Sadiq Khan. Islamic Relief called it a “nice irony” that the two events coincided.
Credit to breitbart.com