We will have a mirror site at http://nunezreport.wordpress.com in case we are censored, Please save the link

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

DEAR PASTOR, WHEN WILL YOU CALL US TO REPENTANCE?


Image result for WHEN WILL YOU CALL US TO REPENTANCE?

Dear Pastor,


I’m writing not to offend, but rather to respectfully inquire.  Please don’t take offense to my questions, for I am a humble servant of God with no formal education in religion.  You see sir, I have not been to seminary, nor have I been trained to read and love C.S. Lewis, as this seems to be a prerequisite for modern day preachers.  I am a common man with a career and a family, reading my bible daily, and praying for the Holy Spirit to give me discernment and lead me in the paths of righteousness.
While I do find your personality to be charming and your sermons to be quite entertaining, I do have a few burning questions.  I say burning because week after week these questions arise during the course of Sunday worship service and completely distract me from worshipping in your congregation.  I’ve tried to relax and ignore the angst that rises up in me every Sunday, focusing on the good parts of worship and the biblical excerpts that are sprinkled in your messages, but the questions remain.
WHEN WILL YOU CALL US TO REPENTANCE?
When will you speak of repentance and how I can be saved?  When will you show me my brokenness and my need for a savior?  Can you please continue to speak of God’s unending love for me, but remind me of God’s sovereignty?  Is a mention of hell and the eternal consequences of our sin and rejection of our one and only Savior Jesus Christ not in order?  When will you teach us of the wisdom that comes from the fear of God?
WHEN WILL YOU STRENGTHEN THE BELIEVER?
Would it be possible to teach us of the spiritual realm that we cannot see, but that nevertheless surrounds us?  Maybe you could focus a few minutes on enlightening us on the spiritual warfare that is taking place around us daily and the battle for our very souls?  Maybe a mention that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high paces?  If you don’t mind me saying, in my humble opinion, ignoring evil and pretending  the devil is not like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour is foolishness.  I, for one sir, pray that you would encourage your flock to put on the whole armor of God, that they may be strengthened and encouraged to stand against evil, fearing nothing but God Almighty.  Remind us what the armor of God consists of so that we can even begin to put it on.  You know the verse…having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, above all taking the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, right?
WHEN WILL YOU TEACH THE WHOLE WORD OF GOD?
When I listen to your sermons or the teachings that take place in your Sunday morning classes, it seems that only certain parts of the bible are ever taught.  I find it odd that there is never a mention of prophecy.  I am quite sure that in your seminary classes you have studied much more of the bible than I have, and you’re quite aware that a little more than 25% of God’s Word is prophecy, right?  So my question to you is, why do you teach only 75% of the bible?  Is it not God’s Word?  Is it not your responsibility to teach the full counsel of God?  Do you not think that those scriptures that were written thousands of years ago and preserved in their entirety  throughout the ages are the living Word of God? As God’s Word declares, all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, right?
WHEN WILL YOU WARN THE FLOCK?
I know that you are an intelligent man, and that you watch the news and see the state of our nation and the world. I have the feeling that you probably don’t want to frighten the congregation or waste time on anything other that preaching the Word of God.  Am I right?  Let me ask you another question.  Do you think that the early church that was so violently persecuted sat around having snacks and speaking only of the goodness of God and his enduring love while their brothers and sisters were being tortured and murdered in the public square, or ripped apart by lions in the colosseum?  Of course not.  But that couldn’t happen in America right, so why bother?  If you don’t know that our government is corrupt and evil, and totally hijacked by globalists bent on creating a one world government, then I suggest you do some research.  If you are aware of this information and are withholding it from your flock, then shame on you sir! It would be better that you never went into ministry, for there is a greater responsibility on your head as a preacher and teacher of the Word of God.  So I ask you, when will you tell your people of the mounting danger that lies just outside of your sanctuary doors?  When will the persecution of Christians  be important enough to mention on Sunday?  Will it be when the government forces you to perform gay weddings in your church or face losing your 501c3 tax exempt status, or worse yet, be arrested? It’s about to happen in America.
WHEN WILL YOU MAKE READY THE BRIDE?
Jesus made it clear throughout the gospels, and the New Testament that the believer is to watch and be ready for Jesus’ return at any time.  I have yet to hear any of those verses taught in your church yet.  Forgive me if I missed that Sunday service.  Has it occurred to you that here is a theme throughout the scriptures to watch for our Lord’s return?  Or that if we are found not watching when he suddenly comes, we will be surprised, shamed, and shut out of His presence?  Is that not the way you read your bible?  The parable of the wise and foolish virgins in Matthew 25 needs to be taught at some point doesn’t it?  The prospective brides were all virgins (Christians) but half of them were foolish, not having oil for their lamps (the Holy Spirit) and the other half were wise, with oil for their lamps and ready to go out to meet the bridegroom.  So half were prepared and looking for the return of their bridegroom and the other half were not.  What happened to the foolish virgins?  Does that not apply to the Lord’s church?  Is it not worthy of mentioning some Sunday?  Do you truly know what our blessed hope is as believers?  Will you, yourself be ready at that moment when our Lord returns unannounced?  Are you watching for all the signs of His return, given to us in the bible? 
These questions burn in my heart.  The angst I feel every Sunday, I feel throughout every day of the week; for I pity the lost and the foolish that turn away from the truth.  I pray that you, as a Christian leader would do the same.  I pray that theses questions would create a spark and light a fire in your heart.  If you’re offended by this, then I pray you might examine yourself and your teaching.  I pray everyday for you to make mention of these things and that the people that fill your congregation would not only be prepared, but would truly be saved.  There is a great apostasy that is happening now, and I pray that you sir, would not be a part of it.
The clock is ticking…it’s almost midnight…one more question sir, are YOU ready?
MARANATHA!
Watchman73
Credit to bythebloodofthelamb.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment