We will have a mirror site at http://nunezreport.wordpress.com in case we are censored, Please save the link

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bill Maher: ‘The Planet Is Too Crowded and We Need to Promote Death’


(CNSNews.com) – HBO “Real Time” host Bill Maher says he’s “consistently pro-death” – and “not one of those people who thinks all life is precious.”

Even dogs can create life, he said in an Oct. 7 interview on satellite radio.

Maher explained his views on life and death when Neil deGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist and host of StarTalk Radio, raised the death penalty.

“You support the death penalty, according to my notes,” Tyson said. “Isn’t it largely Republican? They may not have birthed the idea, but?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Maher said. “I mean I have a lot of ideas that you might consider conservative. But I feel like on that, I’m just consistent, like the pope is consistent. The pope is consistently pro-life; I’m consistently pro-death.”

“I am for the death penalty, although I do believe in more DNA testing,” Maher continued. “My motto is, ‘Let’s kill the right people.’ I’m pro-choice. I’m for assisted suicide. I’m for regular suicide. I’m for whatever gets the freeway moving. That’s what I’m for.”

“It’s too crowded,” Maher continued. “So, the planet is too crowded and we need to promote death.”

“When I look at the Venn diagram of people who are pro-death penalty and pro-choice, I don’t think they intersect,” Tyson replied. “You may be the lone person in the world at that intersection.”

“Absolutely not, I’ve met plenty of people who have the same feelings,” Maher said.

“I’m not randomly going around the street saying, ‘Hey we’re going to kill you,’” he said. “I mean we’re talking about people who’ve earned it. But as I say, you know, kill the right people. Kill the right people.”

Maher then detailed how his views on abortion tie into his “pro-death” stance. “I’m just not one of those people who thinks all life is precious, you know? I bet you a lot of people wouldn’t say that, but if you’re pro-choice, maybe that’s really what you’re thinking anyway.”

“I mean this is the big controversy that Rick Santorum brought up,” Maher said. “He does not like prenatal testing because he says that leads to abortion, because people find out that they’re going to have a child who is not normal in some way and they have an abortion because they don’t want to raise a child with severe challenges.

“I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that -- to not bring someone in the world whose life is going to be so miserable in so many ways, so severely compromised,” Maher said.

“I mean it’s not that hard to create life, it’s teeming everywhere. It’s something a dog can do.”

CNS

No comments:

Post a Comment