We will have a mirror site at http://nunezreport.wordpress.com in case we are censored, Please save the link

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Déjà vu! The Key Technical Level Investors Are Still Watching



Since the S&P500 definitively broke support in the 1,250's in early August of 2011 every rally approaching that key level has been repelled, often violently. The result was the choppy, brutal, ugly and ultimately pointless gyrations resulting in a lost year for stocks.

After the bullish rush of early 2012, here we are again, attempting to stay above 1,260 and stay there. J.C. Parets, founder of AllStarCharts.com, isn't so sure this time is any different. Describing the aforementioned breakdown of last summer as "devastating for U.S. equities," Parets is taking a "show-me" approach to the tape, looking for a consolidation of the December and early January gains, for starters.

And what he really wants to see is sector rotation. The broader tape isn't going to make any substantive progress unless the "risk-on" sectors start leading the way higher. Energy (XLE), Industrials (XLI), and the Basic materials (XLB) that typically move higher in robust economic times need to show some positive price action for Parets to embrace a breakout.

If the tape manages to move higher without those groups leading, Parets is casting a furtive eye towards the much hyped 1,350 target level, a mere 6 or 7% higher than where we closed 2011. The strategist isn't suggesting a flat-out move to the sidelines, but simply trading smaller and erring on the side of caution.

No matter what you see on TV, there is a middle ground between Bullish and Bearish. In environments such as this, Parets' advice is simple: "Trade smaller, you don't have to be all in at all times." Take partial positions and get your arms around the tenor of the tape; simple advice you don't hear very often, to the detriment of our all or nothing investment attitude.

It's exactly the strategy I've been using for months under the label "long-ish" but that doesn't make it right for everyone.

Yahoo Finance

2 comments:

  1. DO YOU NEED FINANCIAL HELP? 5000$ to 100,000,000.00$
    No credit check
    Repaid over 1 year to maximum of 25 years at a low interest rate of 3%.
    Approval in 15-30 minutes
    Open 7 days a week from 24/7
    Service available nationwide
    E-MAIL - urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete