We will have a mirror site at http://nunezreport.wordpress.com in case we are censored, Please save the link

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Donald Trump: I'll release my tax returns if President Obama shows his birth certificate



Donald Trump has a deal for the President: He'll release his tax returns if Obama releases his birth certificate.

The billionaire businessman and aspiring presidential candidate laid out the conditions for his financial records disclosure Tuesday.

"Maybe I'm going to do the tax returns when Obama does his birth certificate … I'd love to give my tax returns. I may tie my tax returns into Obama's birth certificate," he told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos.

Obama revealed Monday that the First Family shelled out $453,770 to the IRS for 2010.

Presidents and potential candidates traditionally reveal how much they pay in taxes, but it's not a requirement. It's unclear just how much Trump - who has been bragging about his personal fortune in recent weeks - is worth.

Trump, who's at the head of the birther chorus, has seen a spike in recent polls. He repeated his doubts that Obama was born in the U.S., a claim that Stephanopoulos immediately blasted.

"George, they've co-opted you. Obviously, Obama and his minions have co-opted you," Trump said.

The real estate mogul said earlier this month that he's sent investigators to Obama's home state of Hawaii to get answers. When asked what they've discovered, Trump was a wee bit testy.

"That's none of your business right now," he said. "We're going to see what happens."

Trump said he'll announce by June - when his show "Celebrity Apprentice" wraps - whether he'll seek the GOP presidential nomination. He insisted the birther issue would not be the focus of his campaign if he decides to enter the race.

So what's the chance he'll run?

"Well I don't want to say odds," the 64-year-old said. "I don't want to put myself in that position I don't want to put you in that position. But I will tell you, I love this country. I hate what's happening to it and you may very well be surprised."

No comments:

Post a Comment